So, I saw these little tutorials or whatever you call them floating around tumblr, and I thought, “How about I do one on the Bible! D:” and yeah so lolol
1) I didn’t cover all the periods of dress that the Jews would have gone through, but just enough so that people get the idea that they didn’t wear those pseudo-Biblical clothes in EVERY era of the Bible SMH
2) I’m aware that not all people are religious so take the Biblical explanations of the world’s cultures figuratively
3) I hope that my wording or phrasing didn’t offend anyone, if so, I offer my deepest apologies 3:
4) Rani Espanioly identifies as an Israeli Arab, I’m in no way trying to promote Israel or delegitamize the Palestinians ~ just relaying information OwO
5) If there is any incorrect information, plz lemme know!
6) The people on the “Jewish History” section are
Liel Kolit - Israeli singer, she’s an Indian Jew
Boaz Ma’uda - Israeli singer, Temani (Yemenite Jew)
Guy Lubelchik - Israeli model, (from his surname, I’m assuming he’s Ashkenazi, and that would make him an example of a dark Ashkenazi)
Meydad Tasa - Israeli singer (religious), Temani
7) IDK if anyone knows about the “Curse” of Ham, but some racist people have tried to use the concept to justify inhumane treatment of black people. Black people are Biblically recognized as Ham’s descendants, thus by G-d “cursing” Ham, they share the curse and thus are cursed people. The problem with this is that there is no Biblical justification to this
- Ham’s son, Canaan, was cursed, not Ham, and Canaan’s descendants are wide and many, but his main descendants are the Canaanites. Still no Biblical justification for mistreatment. >.>
- Any misuse of the Bible to justify racism is pretty much faulty, actually
8) The whole research on King David having red hair actually cleaned up some of my internalized racism. I thought that light pigmentation was solely an Indo-European thing and that PoC with light pigmentation got it from assimilation, but more study proved otherwise (like the blond Aborigines, the extinct Guanche, several ethnic groups in Africa, Asia, and so on.) So, light pigmentation isn’t inherently a “white” feature, more so than it is just a combination of recessive genes found more commonly in Europe ‘cause most of the people there had the same genes, but every culture has them. >.> I really tried to racialize my anthropological research ._. The more that I’m reminded that race is a social construct the angrier I get about racism. -_- The fact that it’s so extremely unnecessary but we’ve been subjected to a lot of crap because of it is so nerve-racking.
9) Dassit >.>